Steaming eggplants are very healthy. Eggplants have vitamins A and C, which can help protect your cells against damage. It may help sugar if you have diabetes. Steaming eggplants is very simple to make, and it does not take long.
I decided to use a slice cutter to cut the eggplants into round shapes. If you want the eggplants to be softer when you eat you need to use a slice knife to slice the eggplant skin a bit. If you do not these shapes, you can cut them in any size and shape as your choice. Marinating eggplants, I put salt, garlic powder, soya sauce, flour and breadcrumbs. For each marinating, I toss the bowl to mix. Then place it onto a plate.
I steam the eggplants for 7-8 minutes. When done, I take out the eggplants from the steamer and put some coriander on the top of the eggplants or you can just leave it the way it is. I decided to leave the way it is without anything on the top. The eggplants are beautiful coming out of the steamer. It is very delicious, and I like it a lot.
Kids and Adults would love these steam eggplants a lot. The best combination that goes well with this dish is rice. The eggplants you can mix in the rice. If you are a vegetarian, you can consider making these steam eggplants. It is healthy and good for the eyes. When you have no idea what to make on that day, you can steam eggplants. This is a fast, easy dish to make. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Preparing the eggplants:
1. In the fridge, take out 2-3 pieces of eggplants.
(Note: if you have eggplants in a package, take them out and remove them from the package.)
2. Rinse the eggplants. If you feel that the eggplants are slippy, rinse with water and rub the eggplants with a cloth.
3. Place the eggplants on the cutting board and cut off 2 end parts.
4. Use a slice knife and slice a bit of the skin to make the eggplant softer and easier to eat.
4. Take a slice cutter and cut the eggplants into round shape directly into a mixing bowl.
5. When all is slice up and put into the mixing bowl, rinse the eggplants and set them aside.
Preparing the onion and gingers
1. In the bag, take an onion. Use a knife and peel the skins.
2. Place it on the cutting board.
3. Cut it in half. Place it on the side and cut it into slices.
4. Put the onions in a bowl and set them aside.
5. Take ginger. Use a spoon and peel the skin.
6. Take a knife and cut a couple of slices of ginger.
7. Put the gingers in a bowl and set them aside.
Marinate the eggplants:
1. Take the bowl of eggplants.
2. Put in some salt and garlic powder. Toss the bowl of eggplants a few times to mix.
3. Put in some soya sauce and toss the bowl of eggplants to mix.
4. Pour in some flour and toss the bowl to mix. Continue adding flour and toss the bowl until everywhere is coated and mix.
5. In the cupboard, take out breadcrumbs. Use a spoon a scoop up some breadcrumbs, put it into the bowl of eggplants. Toss to mix. Continue adding breadcrumbs, and toss the bowl until everywhere is coated and mix.
6. When all done, Pset it aside.
Making the plate of eggplants for steaming:
1. Take a clean plate for steaming.
2. Use a tong and place all the eggplants on to a plate.
Steaming the eggplants:
1. In the cupboard, take out a portable steamer or a pot. Place it on the stove or the table.
2. Put in some water and turn on the heat to high.
3. Place a steamer tray on the steamer and close the lid.
4. Once the water is boiling, open the lid. Use a plate clipper or kitchen mittens and put the plate of eggplants into the steamer tray.
5. Steam the eggplants for 10 minutes. The time it takes to boil the water and to steam it.
6. When the time is ready, turn off the heat.
7. Take a plate clipper or kitchen mittens and take out the plate of steamed eggplants from the steam tray and place it on the table.
8. In the fridge, take out some coriander. Rinse the coriander.
9. Put the coriander in the middle on top of the eggplants.
10. Enjoy the steam eggplants